Thursday, May 7, 2015

Day 4

Hello, Fellow Fitness Seekers!

I think I'm giving up on making the post title a creative one. I'll just stick with this, at least it's consistent.

Well, day four is here. I could also say day three of vertigo is here. So I wasn't brave enough to get back on the treadmill, and I did a 20 minute Turbo Jam workout instead. Hey, the carpet is a lot softer to land on than the treadmill, if I were to lose my balance and fall. Just looking at things positively.

This workout was more intense than yesterday, since we were "done" learning the moves. So I can't keep up, no big deal. I still was sweating at the end, and that's a positive thing.

It occurred to me this morning that I should have taken a "before" picture, but I didn't. I also didn't start when I thought of it, so I guess you will have to take my word for it. I did step on the scale yesterday, primarily to see how much Squirt weighs now. (She finally broke 10 lbs!)

It also occurred to me that I might want to explain why I started this challenge, and a little about it.

Why did I feel that I needed a fitness challenge? Well, because I was happily being a couch potato, and not really liking the results of that.

Why did I chose 40 days? I decided on a whim to do this challenge. When I thought of a time frame, I had two options rolling around in my head: go through the end of May, or extend it a couple more weeks to my birthday in June. I chose my birthday, but when I counted out the days (not including Sabbaths), it came to 39 days. That number is too odd for me (a little particular, am I?). So it became 40. What's one more day, anyway?

What do I hope to accomplish during this challenge? I don't know for sure. I can't wait to see what changes will happen to my body/mind/soul as I continue this. Mostly, I just want to prove that I can do it, and start a healthy habit in the process.

So what would be YOUR reasons to do a fitness challenge? Comment below and let me know!

Happy Fitness!

No comments:

Post a Comment